Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Heat margarine in large skillet.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add onions,garlic,celery and green pepper.
- Saute until onions and peppers are tender but not browned.
- Add broth,salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Blend cornstarch with water and soy sauce until smooth.
- Gradually add to mixture of beef and vegetables and simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.
Like MrsDAB I felt the dish needed more flavor. I ended up adding some hot cocktail sauce for a bit of spiciness. Overall though a really good dish.
What an awsome dish! My husband loved it some much he wanted me to make the next night! I added a bit of worcestershire sauce for more flavor. Served over brown rice!