Recipe by All Thumbs
From Mable Hoffman's "Crockery Cookery." Hers didn't call for "low sodium" soy sauce. Also calls for 2 red or green bell peppers, Zaar didn't like that so I wrote one of each.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak; slice into thin strips.
- Combine steak, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 4 hours.
- Turn control to HIGH.
- Add tomato and bell peppers.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl; stir into steak mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in bean sprouts.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- Serve with rice.