Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chinese take on a classic! Courtesy of Karen Bressler.
- 2 lbs sirloin strip steaks, cut into 2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and mashed
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Melt butter. Sprinkle meat with garlic powder and brown meat.
- Remove from pan and place onions and peppers in pan and cook until tender-crisp.
- Add meat, tomatoes and bouillon. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat and vegetables.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice!