Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is quite easy. If you like peanutty flavor and chicken you will love this! 8)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white chicken meat (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, chopped & drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 oat bran pita rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cooked chicken, pineapple, celery, water chestnuts and green pepper in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix peanut butter, teriyaki, lemon juice, ginger, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Mix peanut butter dressing into salad.
- Line each pita pocket (1/2 the pita round) with 1 lettuce leaf.
- Fill pitas with alfalfa sprouts and chicken salad.
- Serve and enjoy!