Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quite easy. If you like peanutty flavor and chicken you will love this! 8)
Make and share this Chinese Peanutty Chicken Pitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white chicken meat (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, chopped & drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 oat bran pita rounds
- Combine the cooked chicken, pineapple, celery, water chestnuts and green pepper in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix peanut butter, teriyaki, lemon juice, ginger, onion powder and dry mustard.
- Mix peanut butter dressing into salad.
- Line each pita pocket (1/2 the pita round) with 1 lettuce leaf.
- Fill pitas with alfalfa sprouts and chicken salad.
- Serve and enjoy!