Recipe by Sharon123
Try this as a raw dip or for lightly steamed veggies, or as a dressing for cold cooked noodles. You may thin this sauce to your liking.
Top Review by CAFrogley
My college age son loves to fix ramen noodles with soy sauce, sriracha and peas for a quick, cheap meal. We tried this recipe to add peanut sauce to the meal and both loved it for simplicity and availability of ingredients. Used garlic powder and added sriracha -- sauce was ready before the noodles were!
- 1⁄2 cup good peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water (hot)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- cayenne (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Add the hot water and stir patiently with a spoon or a small whisk until uniformly mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving.