Try this as a raw dip or for lightly steamed veggies, or as a dressing for cold cooked noodles. You may thin this sauce to your liking.
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Add the hot water and stir patiently with a spoon or a small whisk until uniformly mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving.
My college age son loves to fix ramen noodles with soy sauce, sriracha and peas for a quick, cheap meal. We tried this recipe to add peanut sauce to the meal and both loved it for simplicity and availability of ingredients. Used garlic powder and added sriracha -- sauce was ready before the noodles were!
I thought this was too sweet and too thin. Had to add quite a bit of spice to make it edible.
Awesome..just love peanut sauces. This cooked up nice and easy. I used it with Chicken & Pasta in Peanut Sauce a chicken and noodle dish.