Recipe by Betty's Sunday Supper and Brunch Club
My neighbor from Shangai just came over to teach me this recipe. She says she always makes it for potlucks and everybody loves it. I can see why.
- 2 cups roasted peanuts (if peanuts are not roasted, see * below.)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches gingerroot, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup soybean paste, sweetened (found in Asian markets)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry garlic and ginger on medium-high heat until beginning to brown. Add green onion and let fry for half a minute.
- Add chicken cubes and turn up the heat to high, stir-frying until opaque.
- Turn heat back down to medium. Toss in peanuts and soybean paste, stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar over the mixture and stir for a minute or two longer.
- Serve with rice.
- *If your peanuts are not roasted, put them in an oven preheated at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Stir once before done. Take them out before completely roasted because they continue to cook once out of the oven.