1 hr 15 mins
Chef #607540's Note:
Chinese pea pods with beef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef roast or 1 1/2 lbs steak, sliced thin on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided (reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 carrots, sliced thin on the diagonal
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb fresh pea pods or 1 lb snow peas
- 1/4 cup peanut oil or 1/4 cup sesame oil, divided
- 1Mix 2 Tb. soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic. Toss sliced beef to coat and allow to marinate 1 hour.
- 2In large skillet or wok, heat 2 Tb. oil until hot. Brown meat, and remove to drain.
- 3Heat remaining 2 Tb. oil in pan until hot. Add carrots and stir fry 2 minutes. Add in onions and stir fry an additional 2 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add in snow peas or pea pods, onion soup mix, and 1 cup water. Cover and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 5Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup water, cornstarch, and remaining 2 Tb. soy sauce. Stir into beef and vegetable mixture, and stir constantly until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- 6Stir in reserved meat and serve over chow mein or yakisoba noodles, or steamed or fried rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pea Pods and Beef
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.9
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 1719.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 40.0 g