Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 6 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Wash and trim peas.
- Place peas in bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Prepare vermicelli according to package directions; drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, peas, pepper, cucumber, shrimp and crabmeat.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- (Use a tightly covered jar to shake dressing.) Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix.
Made this for a Chinese ethnic dinner - received many favorable comments. I used canned white crab but will use "fake" crab next time I make it for a more appealing appearance. Great, unusual taste and very attractive.