Perfect for Peking duck.
Make and share this Chinese Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together the flour, boiling water and 1 tsp of oil.
- Knead to form a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll each portion into a long sausage.
- Cut each sausage into 6 pieces, and press each piece into a flat circle.
- Brush six of the twelve pancakes with the rest of the oil and place the other six on top.
- Using a rolling pin roll each pancake sandwich into a 6-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Heat an ungreased pan over a high heat, reduce the heat and add a pancake.
- When small brown spots appear on the underside turn the pancake and cook until it starts to puff up with air bubbles.
- Peel apart the two layers, and repeat the procedure for the remaining pancakes.