Recipe by Sharon123
I just saw Sunny Anderson make these on Cooking For Real and had to post this recipe! So easy, quick and tasty! You could change this up with a little ground ginger or lemon zest mixed in with the sugar. Have fun! :)
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Super fast and super easy. I would only make half of the sugar mixture for coating the donuts because I had a lot left over. I could easily have made a another batch with the coating that I had left over. I had a little trouble with the sugar sprinkling out of the bottom of the bag as I was shaking it. I ended up putting the sugar mixture in a medium size bowl and rolling the donuts in it. I took some over to my in-laws and they loved them too. Leftovers are best when they are popped into the microwave for about 10 seconds. Made for April 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 count) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zest, sugar and cinnamon in a paper bag and shake to combine.
- Place oil in a deep pan until it comes about halfway up the side of the pan. Heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice biscuit dough in quarters and roll into balls to form 24 donut holes.
- Working in batches, place donut holes in hot oil and fry until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer hot donuts to the paper bag and shake to coat with orange sugar. Serve immediately.