Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a recipe from Rachael Ray adjusted to fit my allergies and our tastes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
The only change I made in this great recipe was to use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P on the chicken! We had an absolutely wonderful tasting meal of this chicken served with a combo of brown rice & peas! Thanks for sharing this very nice recipe ~ It's a keeper, for sure! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces (or thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce (gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is very hot, add in the meat and stir-fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pan and reserve on a plate.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet and stir-fry until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- While that’s cooking up, stir together the hot sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, orange marmalade and stock in a small bowl.
- When the veggies are tender, return the chicken to the skillet and pour the sauce over everything.
- Add the cashews to the skillet, toss to coat and continue cooking until the sauce thickens up, about 1 minute.
- Serve the stir-fry over brown rice, garnish with scallions.