Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Great anytime! Delicious and a real pleaser for that sweet tooth of yours :) Multiply the ingredients for each Fried Ice Cream you want to make. This recipe serves one.
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup frosted flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling on top (optional)
- cherries, for top (optional)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot to 350.
- While the oil is heating, take the Frosted Flakes, and put them into a Ziploc bag. Smash them until they are pea-size pieces.
- Pour the Frosted Flakes into a large bowl.
- Take the scoop of ice cream, and drop it into the bowl.
- Roll the ice ceam around in the cereal until it is well coated, pressing the cereal into the ice cream.
- Take the cereal covered ice cream ball, and drop it into the hot oil for 30-45 seconds.
- Take the ice cream out of the oil, plate, and dust with cinnamon and confectionary sugar for a Mexican Fried Ice Cream, or drizzle chocolate on ice cream and top with a cherry for a Chinese Fried Ice Cream.
- Serve immediately.
I like the original better using honey. More Mexican flare.
I thought this would make an excellent end to our Asian dinner. My guests went crazy over it. They loved it so much, I had to print out the directions for them before they left! This will be enjoyed over and over this summer. Oh what a great dessert it was! Thanks!
These were quite easy to make even though it was my first time. We loved the coating using the cereal. When they came out of the fryer I sprinkled them with a little cinnamon and sugar mix. I topped with the chocolate syrup, whip cream and nuts and a cherry. Awesome!!! We will enjoy these from time to time this summer when we feel like having something special!