Chinese or Mexican Fried Ice Cream -- What's Your Pleasure?
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot to 350.
- While the oil is heating, take the Frosted Flakes, and put them into a Ziploc bag. Smash them until they are pea-size pieces.
- Pour the Frosted Flakes into a large bowl.
- Take the scoop of ice cream, and drop it into the bowl.
- Roll the ice ceam around in the cereal until it is well coated, pressing the cereal into the ice cream.
- Take the cereal covered ice cream ball, and drop it into the hot oil for 30-45 seconds.
- Take the ice cream out of the oil, plate, and dust with cinnamon and confectionary sugar for a Mexican Fried Ice Cream, or drizzle chocolate on ice cream and top with a cherry for a Chinese Fried Ice Cream.
- Serve immediately.