Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspired by Recipe Alan Leonetti's #79913 cabbage balls. Same flavors, but served as a main dish with noodles
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, chopped
- 6 ounces multi-grain spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wine or 1⁄2 tablespoon cream sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cream sherry
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place the turkey into a mixing bowl and add 1/2 tablespoon of wine or cream sherry, salt, pepper, garlic, scallions, ginger, and sesame oil. Mix well, then brown meat mixture until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add cabbage to pan. Saute for 1-2 minutes, then add stock, soy sauce, and sherry. bring to a boil, cover until cabbage is wilted. Mix cornstarch with water and add to thicken sauce.
- Add noodles and turkey, season with additional salt and/or soy sauce to taste.