Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A modified Chinese noodle recipe from KittenCal's 5-Minute Chinese Noodles, with a healthy vegetable stir-fry. You can use any kind of noodles, actually. The gravy is what really makes the dish. :D
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 carrot
- 4 pieces button mushrooms (canned)
- 1 tablespoon mirin, sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the cooked spaghetti, make sure it is damp.
- Prepare broccoli florets. Peel and slice carrot. Slice button mushrooms into thin slices. Chop up garlic cloves.
- Heat up some olive oil in a wok. When hot, pour out excess oil from wok. (I don't like my food oily, so I do this; but it's optional.).
- Fry 1/2 of the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add carrots and stir-fry, making sure heat is evenly spread. After about a minute, add broccoli florets. Stir-fry for a few minutes, until broccoli begins to darken, and then add the mushrooms and continue stir-frying for about a minute.
- Turn heat down and add 1/2 cup water to the wok. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp mirin sauce. Continue stir-frying for a couple of minutes.
- Turn the stove off and cover the wok with a lid to make sure it remains warm.
- Prepare another wok by heating up some olive oil. Pour out any excess oil.
- Fry the rest of the garlic until fragrant. Add the spaghetti and stir-fry, making sure to mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp soy sauce (or to taste) and mix well. Turn heat down a little bit and add 1/4 cup water. Continue stir-frying for a few minutes before turning your stove off.
- Pour spaghetti and the spaghetti's 'sauce' into a plate. Add the vegetable stir-fry on top, making sure that the vegetable stir fry's sauce is also added inches.
- Serve hot.