- 1 head cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet for dressing
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into small pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Slice cabbage, celery and onion. Place in a large bowl.
- Break up ramen noodles over cabbage mixture.
- Place sesame seeds and slivered almonds in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven for a few minutes, take out flip and stir around and place back in the oven for a few more minutes. (Approximately 5-6 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients plus the reserved ramen noodle seasoning packet and mix well with a wire whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss. Pour toasted seeds and nuts over cabbage mixture and toss.