Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Ahhhh....so comforting. I'm sure this is a great recipe anytime, but perfect for when you're feeling under the weather. I didn't have the right kind of noodles and used spaghetti. I can't wait try using a more authentic noodle. Didn't alter the recipe otherwise. This one goes straight to the keeper file. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 10 cups chicken stock or 10 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups fresh chow mein noodles or 5 packets ramen noodles
- 5 tablespoons sherry wine or 5 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and 2 cups water; bring to boil.
- Add noodles, sherry, lemon juice or rice vinegar, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minhtes.
- Stir in scallions.