Recipe by marisk
Noodle baskets can be stored in the refrigerator if securely wrapped for up to 3 days or frozen up to 3 weeks. To reheat, remove plastic wrap, place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 325 degree F. oven for about 8 minutes. Please note that times are estimates. I haven't tried this but it looked interesting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt to water and bring to boil.
- Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Place several layers of paper towels on cookie sheet and spread noodles over them.
- Let dry at least 8 hours.
- Brush inside of 5 inch strainer (with handle) with a some oil.
- Spread a 1/2 inch thick layer of noodles on the inside of the strainer.
- Brush the outside of another 5 inch strainer with oil.
- Place the second strainer rounded side down over the noodles in the first strainer. Press lightly.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat (about 375 degrees F).
- Carefully lower the two strainers (holding handles together), into the oil.
- Fry until noodles are golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on the paper towels.
- Carefully remove the two strainers. Run knife blades around the edge if necessary to loosen.
- Drain the baskets on the paper towels.
- Repeat to cook the remaining noodles.