Recipe by The Milocat
My mom has made this recipe for many, many years and is always a family favorite. A few years ago, my mom sent this in to a magazine contest and it was published in their yearly cook book!
Top Review by mums the word
We really enjoyed this fried rice. I wasn't sure if the rice was to be cold or hot, so I cooked the rice earlier in the afternoon and it was just warm when I added it to the frying pan. (Usually when I make fried rice the recipe calls for cold rice.) My daughter insisted that I add a scrambled egg to her portion of the rice so that it was just like a restaurant. I can definitely see substituting the chicken with pork or shrimp, and even changing up the veggies. A great recipe for cleaning up the odds and ends in the fridge too. Made for Spring PAC 2013, thanks for the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- lemon pepper
- garlic salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 large carrots (shredded)
- 2 cups broccoli (cut up)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in a drizzle of soy sauce and sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Heat oil in a wok and cook chicken until lightly browned. Remove from wok.
- Stir fry broccoli in oil, garlic, and a drizzle of soy sauce. Remove from wok.
- Stir fry carrots in oil, garlic, and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Return chicken and broccoli to wok and add rice.
- Add 3 tbsp of soy sauce and pepper and mix until rice is thoroughly coated and is a light brown.
- Add additional soy sauce to taste.