Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick simple fried rice recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir about 10 minutes.
This was quick and easy to throw together! I made it with ingredients I usually have on hand. I did add a little extra soy sauce but other than that (and reducing to 3 servings) I made as is. Made for ZWT6 Asia.
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe about 15 years ago, I think she got it through school (teaching). It's very easy and tasty. I like small pieces so often just throw the veggies in a food processor, and it's easier that way too. I also like more soy sauce than the recipe calls for.
Oh boy, oh boy, good rice. I ended up using it as a side dish so I didn't add the chicken (this time). The rice I used was cooked in chicken broth so we still got the chicken flavor. Easy, very quick and oh so tasty. Next time I make this I'll add the chicken meat and have it as the main course. Isn't it nice to have an adaptable recipe though! Thanks ElaineAnn, this one is in my book.