I made this one day after picking up napa cabbage to make eggrolls with and had a lot left over. It's great for a main course salad served with pot stickers, eggrolls, or a Chinese soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Marinade for Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
- 1 head napa cabbage, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 scallions, washed and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Marinate the flank steak in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2Prepare the dressing in a blender and refrigerate it.
- 3Toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet until light brown.
- 4Grill the flank steak on a high heat 3-4 minutes each side, discarding the marinade.
- 5The flank steak will be medium rare, but the dressing will finish "cooking" it.
- 6Place the steak on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes. Boil the vermicelli in salted water according to package directions.
- 7Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain.
- 8Thinly slice the flank steak against the grain.
- 9In a large salad bowl toss all the ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour or more, then serve it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad With Grilled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1161.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar