Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this one day after picking up napa cabbage to make eggrolls with and had a lot left over. It's great for a main course salad served with pot stickers, eggrolls, or a Chinese soup.
Marinade for Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
- 1 head napa cabbage, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 scallions, washed and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Marinate the flank steak in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare the dressing in a blender and refrigerate it.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet until light brown.
- Grill the flank steak on a high heat 3-4 minutes each side, discarding the marinade.
- The flank steak will be medium rare, but the dressing will finish "cooking" it.
- Place the steak on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes. Boil the vermicelli in salted water according to package directions.
- Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain.
- Thinly slice the flank steak against the grain.
- In a large salad bowl toss all the ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour or more, then serve it.