Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is from my MIL's recipe box. It's a childhood fave of my hubby's. The "mystery" is that all the liquid required cooks down to make a delicious casserole.
- 2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chop suey vegetables, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion in oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a huge bowl, and transfer to a 9x13 pan.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Bake UNcovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chow mein noodles on top of casserole, and bake for 15 minutes more.