Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Thrifty and appetizing. Lamb can easily be substituted if mutton is not available. Serve over steamed rice and pass the soy sauce.
- 2 -3 cups cold cooked mutton or 2 -3 cups lamb, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broth or 1 cup diluted consomme
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 head finely shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve 4
- soy sauce
- Blend all ingredients together in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered, 1 hour.
- Serve over rice,sprinkled with Soy Sauce if desired.