1/1 Photo of Chinese Mushroom Pork Fried Rice
I make this often, it is a favorite at my house! Make certain that your rice is cold before using in this recipe, so don't throw out that leftover rice from your Chinese food take-out, or prepare your rice a day ahead and refrigerate. The chili flakes are optional, add in if you like some heat! You can really make this rice using whatever cooked meat you have on hand. In place of the mushrooms you can use cooked fresh or frozen peas or use both! Cooking and prep time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs, well beaten (can use 2 eggs)
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use more or less)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cold cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked pork (chopped or cut into thin strips)
- 1/4-1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- chopped green onion
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet or wok, add in the eggs and cook breaking up into small pieces; remove to a bowl or plate and set aside.
- 2Add in 1 more tablespoon oil; heat until hot.
- 3Add in the chili flakes (if using) chopped onions, and red bell pepper; saute for about 4 minutes or until soft, adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 4Add the eggs back into the wok or skillet along with the cooked cold rice and cooked pork and mushrooms.
- 5Add in the soy sauce (starting with 1/4 cup) mix until heated thoroughly.
- 6Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Mushroom Pork Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1082.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: