Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add in some cooked chicken breast strips also if desired to make this into a main meal.If you don't mind a sweeter dressing then use the amount stated, or reduce by a couple of tablespoons for a less sweeter tasrte, personally I prefer the the sweeter taste! You can use only one package or noodles if desired. Do not add in the dressing until ready to serve the salad!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (coarsley broken, save the flavor package for another recipe)
- 1 cup peanuts (coarsley chopped, can use more)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded coleslaw mix
- 6 -7 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper (sseded and julienned)
- salt and black pepper (optional and to taste)
- mandarin orange segments (any amount to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Set oven to 350 degreesPlace the broken noodles and peanuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown; cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl place the coleslaw, green onions, red bell pepper, toasted ramen noodles and peanuts; toss to combine.
- In a bowl mix the dressing ingredients together until well combined; pour over the salad, then toss to combine.
- Top salad with mandarin orange segments.
- **NOTE** do not add in the dressing until ready to serve the salad or the toasted ramen noodles will loose their crunch.
I made this as a dinner salad last night and it was so yummy! I reduced the servings to 4 and then increased the coleslaw mix and used a full red pepper. DH loved the toasted crunchy ramen noodles and peanuts. I used a full can of mandarin oranges. I loved that this went together so quickly!