This is a simple dish that has been in our home since I was a child. It's quite simple and perfect for those nights that dinner has to be quick yet filling!The combination of the steak and veggies is tasty .I introduced the dish to my husband and he suggested adding pineapple to the mix. I have made it that way ever since, really completes the dish for an amazing taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water in large saucepan, once water is boiling, start cooking elbow macaroni.
- 2Cut the steak into 1 inch pieces/chunks.
- 3Cut the onion and green bell pepper into chunks (I like to cut them the size I would for a stir fry).
- 4Put 2 tablespoons of oil into frying pan and heat.
- 5Brown the steak in the oil for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 6Throw in the onion and green pepper and mix together.
- 7Put 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of soya sauce in pan with the mix of steak and veggies, stir together.
- 8Drain the pineapples, keeping 1/4 of juice.
- 9Throw into the steak and veggies mix and add another tablespoon of soya sauce.
- 10Cook together 5 minutes or until pineapple is heated through.
- 11Drain elbow macaroni and throw in 2 tablespoons of soya sauce, stir to coat the macaroni.
- 12Stir the steak, veggies and pineapple mix into macaroni.
- 13Let simmer for 5 minutes over very low heat and serve.
- 14*Dependingon how much you like soya sauce, you might want to add some on top to taste*.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 822.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g