Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple dish that has been in our home since I was a child. It's quite simple and perfect for those nights that dinner has to be quick yet filling!The combination of the steak and veggies is tasty .I introduced the dish to my husband and he suggested adding pineapple to the mix. I have made it that way ever since, really completes the dish for an amazing taste!
- Boil water in large saucepan, once water is boiling, start cooking elbow macaroni.
- Cut the steak into 1 inch pieces/chunks.
- Cut the onion and green bell pepper into chunks (I like to cut them the size I would for a stir fry).
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil into frying pan and heat.
- Brown the steak in the oil for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Throw in the onion and green pepper and mix together.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of soya sauce in pan with the mix of steak and veggies, stir together.
- Drain the pineapples, keeping 1/4 of juice.
- Throw into the steak and veggies mix and add another tablespoon of soya sauce.
- Cook together 5 minutes or until pineapple is heated through.
- Drain elbow macaroni and throw in 2 tablespoons of soya sauce, stir to coat the macaroni.
- Stir the steak, veggies and pineapple mix into macaroni.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes over very low heat and serve.
- *Dependingon how much you like soya sauce, you might want to add some on top to taste*.