Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great flavors! A wonderful side dish to have with any Chinese dinner! The addition of chopped carrots and onions make this lo mein very delicious. Serve warm or cold.
For Lo mein
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
For peanut butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil pasta in water with salt. Add carrot and onion. Cook until pasta is al dente and drain.
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl. Using hot tap water, stir into peanut butter. (May adjust by using more water if desired thinner sauce).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir into noodles. Serve warm or cold.
Very good! Easy & fast too. I changed just a couple things..I added some shredded cabbage and waterchestnuts. I sauteed those along with the carrots and onions rather than cooking them with the pasta. When the pasta was done, I threw the veggies and the sauce into the drained pasta and mixed. I love how versatile this is. Great side dish, but could be a great main dish too with the addition of some chicken or shrimp. Will definitely make again. Thanks!
Husband liked it. I hated it. Maybe if I'd used a different brand of pasta... Still I didn't like the flavor.
pretty good quick supper. used wayy more spaghetti (lightly coated spaghetti in sesame chili oil), 1/4 of an onion, 1 can water chestnuts, 2c broccoli, couple handfulls of cooked chicken. upped the sauce ingredients too. next time will use the same amount of pb, lil more water, more sesame chili oil, tad more soy sauce, ginger, and more granulated garlic. am going to try adding some peanut oil instead of pb as it was a lil on the dry side. will be using this recipe for a quick night supper cuz i usually have most of em on hand, thanks Seasoned Cook!!