Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A fine example of "fusion" cooking, these tasty potato latkes are positively divine! Taken from the "Potato Harvest Cookbook" by Ashley Miller.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For Chinese Dipping Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Grate potatoes and mix togehter with green onions.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in cornstarch and salt.
- Pour egg mixture into potatoes, coating potatoes well.
- Heat 1 tbsp.
- oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop potato mixture by tablespoonfuls into pan and flatten slightly with spatula; cook 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
- For sauce, toast sesame seeds in dry skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, stirring pan often.
- Mix seeds with other ingredients.
- Serve sauce with latkes.
Wonderful version of latkes - loved the fusion twist! These were very tasty, and the dipping sauce was a nice touch. Thanks for sharing! All You Can Eat Buffet Winter '12
these latkes were crispy and light. the dipping sauce is very much like the dumpling dipping sauce we get at resteraunts. quick and easy to make.