- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For Chinese Dipping Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate potatoes and mix togehter with green onions.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in cornstarch and salt.
- Pour egg mixture into potatoes, coating potatoes well.
- Heat 1 tbsp.
- oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop potato mixture by tablespoonfuls into pan and flatten slightly with spatula; cook 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
- For sauce, toast sesame seeds in dry skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned, stirring pan often.
- Mix seeds with other ingredients.
- Serve sauce with latkes.