Top Review by LeeAnn
This was awesome!!! I didn''t have any dry sherry so I left it out.I also left out the thai peppers (I have small children) and sprinkled dry red pepper flakes on whom ever wanted at the table. I used onions, red pepper, mushrooms, carrot, brocolli and celery and served it over chinese noodles. YUM YUM YUM!!! I also added two cloves of garlic when stir frying my veggies.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 medium Thai peppers (as many as you like, I use about 8)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into bite size squares (leave them out if you don't like them)
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite size pieces (if you leave out the peppers, perhaps increase the onions)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite size pieces on the diagonal
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts (such as Planter's Mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine egg white, corn starch, pepper and soy sauce in a glass bowl.
- Add chicken pieces mixing to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Vegetables: Set aside prepared vegetables.
- Sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients in a glass bowl and set aside. ) In a wok or large frying pan, stir fry the red peppers in the 1 Tbsp peanut oil over med.-high heat until the peppers are almost golden brown.
- Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked through-add the vegetables and stir-fry a couple of minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and heat for a minute or so.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle peanuts over each serving.