Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from YT dated November 8th'2005. I just love jasmine flowers and when combined with my favourite food - yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper, this is the perfect dish to woo me ;) Enjoy and woo your loved ones with this!
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 20 -25 jasmine fresh edible flowers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 -4 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- Soak rice in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Boil 5 cups of water with salt.
- Fold in the rice.
- After sometime, combine jasmine flowers in a round sachet and add to the water. Let the flowers soak in the water containing the rice for a few minutes(i.e, until the rice is half cooked).
- When the rice is half cooked, remove the sachet of flowers, drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Now heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Toss in the onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add both bell peppers and saute for a few minutes.
- Fold in the rice and gently stir to combine.
- Add salt and spring onion greens.
- Mix well, cover and cook till the rice is fully cooked but the grains are separate.
- Serve hot.