Chinese Imperial Palace General Tso's Chicken
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in a quart jar with a lid and shake gently. Store in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch, and mix until chicken pieces are coated.
- Deep fry 7 or 8 chicken pieces at a time in a 350 degree oil until chicken pieces are crispy. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken is fried.
- Place a small amount of oil (1 Tbs.) in wok, and heat to 400 degrees.
- Add onions, peppers, and stir fry about 30 seconds.
- Stir sauce mixture, then add to wok. Cook until thick. If too thick, add water a little at a time until right consistency is reached.
- Add chicken to sauce in wok, and cook until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with fried or steamed rice. Enjoy!