1/1 Photo of Chinese House Special Fried Rice
Sue Lau's Note:
I am always trying to raise the bar on fried rice recipes. This one reminds me of some Vietnamese versions and has a hint of sweetness both from the lup cheong and the ketjap manis. With char siu it will taste more distinctively Chinese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-1 large onion, chopped
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, salt, and pepper)
- 158.51 ml thinly sliced Chinese sausage or 158.51 ml lup cheong sausage or 158.51 ml char siu pork
- 158.51 ml chopped cooked chicken breast
- 158.51 ml chopped shrimp
- 236.59 ml frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain rice, steamed and chilled overnight
- 118.29 ml sliced scallion
- 236.59 ml fresh bean sprout (optional)
- 14.79-29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml dark sweet soy sauce (ketjap manis)
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame oil
- peanut oil
- 1Cook the eggs in a thin layer in a skillet and then chop and set aside.
- 2Cook onions in oil in a hot wok until they just begin to brown; add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- 3Crumble the rice between your fingers so there are no clumps and add to the wok with additional oil if needed to keep from sticking, season it with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until it is nicely separated on the grains.
- 4Move the rice to one side and add the sausage/pork/shrimp/chicken mixture, cooking that part until the sausage/pork renders any fat and the shrimp turn opaque.
- 5Stir in the peas and carrots, scallions, bean sprouts, and chopped egg and stir-fry until the bean sprouts go limp or the carrot is tender, whichever way you want to test it.
- 6Stir in the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, and sesame oil, mixing well, then serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese House Special Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 236.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce