1/1 Photo of Chinese Hot & Sour Soup
Cook Food Mood's Note:
Made this Chinese Szechuan soup a few times and it's always consistently good. Very appetising. Recipe best made just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 dried Chinese mushrooms, drained, stem removed and sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chinese wine
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 lb cooked ham, finely sliced
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 spring onions
- 1/2 lb bean curd, cubed (optional)
- 1Combine chicken broth, wine and sauces in large pan until boiling.
- 2Stir in blended cornstarch and water slowly.
- 3Add mushrooms, ham, chestnuts and bell pepper to pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add vinegar and sesame oil to pot.
- 5Lightly beat egg and 1 tbsp of water. Add to soup while stirring constantly.
- 6Add spring onions, shrimps and beancurds. Simmer for 1 minute.
- 7Scoop into soup bowls and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Hot & Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 1233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: