Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This veggie salad can also be eaten cold, just add 3 to 4 T. French dressing as the veggies cool, toss well and serve cold. I tried this the first time at my cousins house for lunch. It was delicious. I begged for the recipe and have been making it ever since.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 9 ounces zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 9 ounces carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 14 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, to garnish
- Combine the soy sauce, chili sauce, sherry, sugar, vinegar and seasoning.
- Heat sunflower oil in wok, swirl around until hot.
- Add the garlic and scallions to wok and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, carrots and bell pepper; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the bean sprouts and green beans and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, making sure all the veggies are thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the veggies in the wok and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Serve the salad hot, sprinkled with sesame seeds.