Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from a little book I found at a thrift shop.
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 scallions
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon Chinese chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Separate the white from the green part of the scallion. Mince both white and green, but keep separate. Mix together the white of the scallion, ginger, catsup, chili sauce, sherry, soy sauce, sugar.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Brown the garlic and discard it. Add shrimp and stir until the color has just begun to change. Stir in the above mixed ingredients. Mix well. Stir in the salt and red pepper. Stir until the shrimp are done. Serve hot, garnished with the green part of the scallion.
Spicy. Love the short prep and cook time. Totally convenient.