Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is posted in response to a request. I haven't tried it personally. It's from www.dianaskitchen.com
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 scallion
- 2 -3 hot peppers
- 1 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 lbs fryer
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon anise pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, marinate 15-20 minutes in ginger, sherry, soy sauce mixture.
- Cut scallion and hot peppers diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Grind anise pepper to powder.
- Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil.
- Add scallion, and stir fry several times.
- Add ginger, sherry, soy mixture and chicken to scallions and hot pepper, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add chicken broth mixture, mix well.
- Cook over low heat until chicken pieces are tender.
- Add cornstarch to thicken.