1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from "Sunset" magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 5-6 quart pan, bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil.
- 2Add chicken, cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until meat is white in thickest part, about 20-25 min.
- 4Lift out chicken, let cool and reserve water.
- 5Remove and discard skin and bones*; tear chicken into bite-size shreds.
- 6If made ahead, cover and chill chicken and water until next day.
- 7Bring water to a boil and add linguine. Boil, uncovered, until just tender to bite, 6-8 min.
- 8Drain; immerse in cold water until cool, then drain well again.
- 9Remove any debris from peppercorns.
- 10In a 6-8" frying pan, toast peppercorns over med-low heat until fragrant, 2-3 min.; shake pan often.
- 11Pour peppercorns into a blender and whirl until finely ground.
- 12Add chiles and oil to pan; cook over low heat until chiles just begin to brown, about 3 min.
- 13Let cool and add ground pepper, vinegar, soy sauce and cilantro.
- 14On a shallow dish, arrange a bed of noodles; cover with cucumber and chicken.
- 15Pour dressing evenly over salad and mix to blend.
- 16- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : * I just use boneless, skinless chicken breasts to start with.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Hot and Sour Chicken Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.6
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 375.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g