Recipe by Marlene.
This isn't really 'typical' Chinese food... but it has Chinese elements! *LOL* We used to eat this growing up ... I have recently been reintroduced to it through my sister, and boy am I ever glad! :-) It looks a bit , ummm... nasty when mixing *LOL* but it is very good! :)
Top Tweak by Candace L.
I love this my mom made it a lot when I was a kid. I use low sodium soup and soy sauce as we are not big salt eaters & leave out the celery and onions...we serve it with green beans on the side!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice (I used 3/4 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chow mein noodles (the crunchy ones)