Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I added Cook & Lace's 'Chinese Hamburger Hash' recipe to my cookbook yesterday. I found another one today that uses brown rice. From the cookbook "Stories and Recipes of the Great Depression of the 1930's". I've not made this so let me know how it turns out.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Brown ground beef, onions and celery in a skillet. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine soups, water rice and soy sauce mixing well.
- Add the meat mixture and mix well again.
- Put in greased 8x11 covered casserole.
- Bake at LEAST 1 hour at 350 degrees or until rice is tender.
- Uncover last half of cooking time.
This was really good. I only used 1 large onion and 1 cup of celery, but I followed the recipe other than that. This is a tasty and filling meal for a busy weeknight. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar World Tour 4.