Recipe by Cook & Lace
This is a recipe my Mom made when I was growing up and which my family enjoys now. It is quick to make and by throwing together a salad you have a full meal.
Top Review by catmaniacs
Yummmy! I have never had this, thought it sounded interesting. Went together super fast because I had pre-cooked frozen ground beef I had thawed out, and I keep chopped onion and celery in the fridge. I heated the meat in the microwave, cooked the vegetables, boiled my water in the microwave and stirred everything together thoroughly in a large bowl prior to putting it in the pan. It was AWESOME and I ate way tooooo much! I would eat this every week if I could!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) can crisp chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet brown hamburger. Remove hamburger to a plate with paper towels to remove most of grease.
- In same pan saute onions and celery until onions become transparent. Return Hamburger to pan.
- Add soups and water to pan.
- Stir in Uncooked rice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Put in greased 8x11 covered casserole.
- Bake 1 hour at 350. Uncover and sprinkle Chow Mein Noodles over top and finish baking 15 minute
- Note: Can us 1 1/4 Cup Minute Rice But shorten cooking time to 30 to 40 minute.