Recipe by grandma2969
Found this in a cookbook of favorite recipes..hope you enjoy it as much as I do..you can also use bamboo instead of pineapple recipe called for weijing spice..5 spice will suffice if you can't find weijing at your oriental market
- 5 -6 ounces pork loin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons Gold Medal Wondra Flour
- 2 ounces sliced pineapple
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork in cubes, mix 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, weijing, beer, sesame oil and marinate cubes overnight.
- Cut pepper and green onions into cubes and slices --
- Mix sugar, vinegar, tomato sauce and 2 tbls water in bowl.
- Mix the egg with 2 tbls wondra flour and add 1-2 tbls water.
- Put 3 tbls wondra flour onto a plate.
- Heat oil in pot.
- Dip meat cubes into egg mixture and roll in flour and fry --
- Add the pepper, onion, pineapple, garlic, tomato sauce mixture --
- Mix 1/4 cup of water with 1 tbls wondra flour, add it to the pan and mix thoroughly -- add the fried meat and stir to heat.
- Serve over rice.
- If you can not find weijing at your Oriental grocery.5 spice will suffice.