Delicious and spicy green beans, just like your favorite Chinese restaurant. Be careful with the sesame oil, or it can overpower your beans. Prep time includes steaming the beans.
- Wash beans, trim ends and remove strings.
- Arrange beans in a vegetable steamer (or a colander that will sit nicely in saucepan), and place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, drain again.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet (or wok) with cooking spray or peanut oil and heat until hot.
- Add gingerroot and garlic and saute 30 secs.
- Add beans, saute 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and remaining 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add to beans, cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
very good. Simple, spicy, quick. Thanks!
This is a WONDERFUL Chinese Green Bean recipe! I am so glad I found this. I made it exactly as you stated using a wok instead of a skillet. The ingredients are a perfect blend for the beans. Everyone raved and asked for the recipe. Thank you so much, BoxO'Wine for sharing this.
My favourite dish at the vegan restaurant near my office is their 'Spicy Garlic Green Beans' and I have clearly spent way too much time and effort trying to recreate it, since the recipe has been here for years now! To fully recreate their dish, I added a few more garlic cloves, added fried tofu slices to the skillet when I added the beans, and doubled the sauce to account for the amount that the tofu would absorb. It turned out exactly like theirs! Served it over brown rice and was a happy camper all night! Thanks so much!