Delicious and spicy green beans, just like your favorite Chinese restaurant. Be careful with the sesame oil, or it can overpower your beans. Prep time includes steaming the beans.
- Wash beans, trim ends and remove strings.
- Arrange beans in a vegetable steamer (or a colander that will sit nicely in saucepan), and place over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, drain again.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet (or wok) with cooking spray or peanut oil and heat until hot.
- Add gingerroot and garlic and saute 30 secs.
- Add beans, saute 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and remaining 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add to beans, cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.