Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is slightly crunchy and tastes superb. This is another favorite that everyone asks for.
- 2 lbs fresh green string beans
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Wash and string green beans; dry.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan; add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Add the green beans and salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until almost tender.
- You can cover if desired, but don't cook until mushy unless you like your green beans that way.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Note: You can substitute fresh asparagus for the beans.
- Very good.
Pretty good. A little too much butter for my tastes.
We found these really tasteful. It could of used a bit more garlic and salt. But that is a minor adjustment. I used a fresh and I mean fresh Meyers lemon. Not the whole lemon of course because they are huge. We love green beans and this is another one that I will make again. I think green beans are the only green veggie my DD eats. Great that this was really fast to put together with a delicious flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe Margie, it was well enjoyed. I made this with Chinese pork chops and Chinese spaghetti. Was all great together
Was Very Very good, thanks for sharing!