- 2 lbs fresh green string beans
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and string green beans; dry.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan; add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Add the green beans and salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until almost tender.
- You can cover if desired, but don't cook until mushy unless you like your green beans that way.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Note: You can substitute fresh asparagus for the beans.
- Very good.