Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
A SUPER dish for green beans! Easy and quick! Very flavorful to add as a side dish to your meal. This dish goes well with chicken, pork and beef entrees.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse green beans and trim ends off. Leave beans in long lengths.
- Blanche beans for 4 minutes in hot water. Immediately immerse into bowl of ice water to stop cooking and retain bright color. Remove and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except butter. Place beans in a saucepan with butter. Add mixture and sautee green beans for 2 minutes. Shake pan to gently let beans roll.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Very nice chinese flavored dish. I used powdered garlic but will use fresh minced next time. Really easy to fix (I love that part). I served this with #76930, Funky Chicken with Sesame Noodles. Made a great supper.
These were good and easy to make. I didn't have fresh green beans so I used low sodium canned beans. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. These had a good taste to them and everyone enjoyed them.