Recipe by andypandy
fast to make the fritters. and then dip into sugar syrup and then dunk into ice water to harden....I have had these on buffett tables...
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 2 medium apples, pared and cut into 8 ths
- 2 firm bananas, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds or 1⁄4 cup black sesame seed
- ice water, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Batter; Beat the water, flour, cornstarch and baking powder and salt with a hand beater until smooth.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Stir the apples into batter.
- One at a time with a slotted spoon letting excess batter drip back into bowl, coat each section of apple.
- Deep fry in the hot oil about 5 pieces at a time, until golden brown.
- Turning as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat now doing the bananas, in the same way.
- Mix the sugar and water in a saucepot and the corn syrup, and without stirring over high heat bring to a temperature of 300 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- If testing a drop into very cold water will seperate into threads that are hard and brittle.
- Mixture will be amber to a golden brown.
- Decrease the heat to very low, and stir in the sesame seeds.
- Well grease with oil a flat baking sheet.
- Stir one piece of fritter into the syrup evenly coating.
- Place on the platter or baking sheet.
- When all done plunge each piece one at a time into ice cold water, this will harden the coating.