Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens Quick Soups.
- 2 ounces bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork, cut into bite-size strips
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Place bean threads in a bowl; pour enough boiling water over bean threads to cover.
- Let stand for 10 minues; drain.
- Use scissors to cut bean threads into 2 inch lengths; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coook the garlic and ginger in 1 tablespoon hot cooking oil over medium heat for 15 seconds.
- Add the broccoli.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once or twice.
- Remove mixture from saucepan; set aside.
- Add remaining cooking oil to saucepan.
- Add the pork; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
- Carefully add chicken broth, red pepper, and sesame oil.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Stir in bean threads and vegetable mixture; heat through.