Recipe by Mercy
If you don't like to sauté with sesame oil, you can substitute peanut or canola oil for the sautéing and then drizzle a bit of sesame oil in when you add the water and salt.
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice in strainer and drain.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the ginger over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Add the water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook covered until water is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Stir once and allow to stand until ready to serve.