Recipe by Out of the Blue
A recipe that was given to me by my aunt over 30 years ago when I was living in Quebec city.
Top Review by Cynna
These were really good, but a touch salty. I used Kikkoman soy sauce... I think next time (and oh yes, there will be a next time!) I might cut the soy in half and maybe add just a splash of rice wine vinegar. The ribs came out really tender and the sauce coated well, nice and sticky. Yum yum! We served this with garlic rice and had a fabulous dinner.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs, in 2-inch length
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- sliced green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, white and brown sugars in a large saucepan. Boil mixture while frying spareribs.
- Brown spareribs in a little oil. Once fried, add to the liquid. Add garlic and one cup of soy sauce.
- Cover and keep on a low boil at medium heat for an hour.
- Put in a serving plate and garnish with green onions.