1/1 Photo of Chinese Garlic Flavor Eggplant
Ms. Carolina's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the aubergine if you hate the skin, or leave it on if you like the texture and think it looks pretty. Cut lengthways into oblong pieces about the size and length of 2 fingers side by side.
- 2Boil 1 cm (1/2 inch) of water in a wide frying pan, then add the aubergine and cook, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed, until aubergines are softened to your satisfaction, and very little water remains (about 7 minutes for me).
- 3Remove the aubergine to a bowl, then heat another 1cm water in the pan. Add garlic, ginger and hoisin sauce, then simmer briskly for 10 minutes, stirring and adding more water as needed.
- 4Add the soy sauce and spring onions to the pan, then add the cooked.
- 5aubergine, with a little more water if needed. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring to coat the aubergine with the sauce.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Garlic Flavor Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: